Let me sum it all up in 10 items:
1. I’m thankful that I’m still alive.
2. I’m thankful I am given the chance to love and be loved by my family, my friends and people I may not know well.
3. I’m thankful I have parents, mentors and friends who look out for me.
4. I’m thankful for being relatively healthy and, well, still alive.
5. I’m thankful I can still have the liberty of time at work.
6. I’m thankful I still have a recurring form of income.
7. I’m thankful I am given an expanded awareness towards the choices I make.
8. I’m thankful I can take a deep breath and put a barrier between me and the negativity of this world.
9. I’m thankful I can take long naps for healing (seriously, my legs hurt from all that running lately).
10. I’m thankful I am given the power of choice to be something bigger than what I am – regardless whether that was figurative or not, I’ll leave you to decide what I meant.
Day’s been very busy for me but I am thankful as ever! To think that so many people choose to be in a dark place when there are a helluva lot of things to be thankful for.
But I’m not blinding myself, mind you. This world can be tough. After all, Rocky said it himself:
“Ain’t no one going to beat you as hard as life.”
But hey, we have a choice. We always have a choice. We can choose to be so sad, angry or afraid and blame the world for putting us in the rut we’re in OR we can choose to believe that we have the power to effect change in our lives, in other people’s lives.
Just saying, peeps. Life’s too short to be all grumpy and angry regardless what your age is.